The images below are taken direct from the camera, no improvements have been made to the images in Photoshop. They have been cropped down but the actual image shown is at 100% size straight from the camera. Each image was produced with identical camera settings and were taken within a few minutes of each other.

Conclusion

Judging from the images above, does the Olivon T90ED beat the Olivon T90 at digiscoping?

I think it does. To me the difference is slight, but the digital camera has managed to pick out some of the finer detail that the ED scope offers. To me it's a question of balance, if you want a spotting scope so that you can digiscope, do the results above warrant spending £650 on the ED rather than £300 on the standard T90?

That's a decision only you can make, my view is if you can afford it and you want the very best optics possible for normal observation and digiscoping, then buy the ED scope. At £650 it's considerably cheaper than comparative ED scopes.

But if like me, your on a budget, the standard T90 is a fantastic all round scope, it not only offers superb optics for general observation, but it can produce the goods when digiscoping.

Return to previous page

Back to top of page

This is a non-commercial website.
The content is my own diary and findings. I accept no responsibility or liability if you choose to follow my advice.

The advice, reviews and opinions expressed in this website is based purely on my own findings and preferences and should be treated as guidance only. You may find other settings work better for you and your equipment.